Monday, July 1, 2019

Digital Drawings

I've been using the Sketches Pro app both at school and on my own this past year. Here are a few recent drawings.


















I've never been one to jump on the bandwagon of a new device or technique and that's especially true for technology. My basic rule of thumb is to discover if the technology in question can do something more efficiently than other means. While I still work with actual paint, pastels, pencils and pens all the time I do appreciate having access to a variety of "materials", at least in the virtual sense in one place - my iPad and stylus. Oddly enough this is most handy in the more rustic settings. This past week I was high in the mountains of southern Colorado and carrying all the materials I might use around with me would have been much harder than hiking though the woods with my iPad in the backpack. I rather like the image of the lone artist deep in the forest with digital drawing tools.

No comments:

Post a Comment