Friday, July 4, 2014

Art is Everywhere

I was giving an interview recently about my music primarily but we discussed art in general as well.  I was trying to explain that to me the world occurs as one large piece of art, I see the world around me as primarily colors and shapes.  For the most part I have also incorporated the importance of certain shapes and colors like the octagonal red sign at the end of the block.  Sometimes the world as art is more obvious.  I saw this collection of shadows, light and reflections on my bedroom wall at 12:20 this afternoon and having a camera handy, as a good artist should, I took a quick picture.  Of course being an artist means you can also manipulate what you see, I did process the photo slightly to bring out more of the shadows.  Of course anytime to photograph, record, draw, paint etc. you are manipulating reality and that's okay, its what artists are supposed to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment