Thursday, June 5, 2014

1977-78 pages

I was quite interested in being a cartoonist or comic book artist but was encountering teachers at University who tried to beat that out of me.  I did actually enjoy the so-called "Fine Art" that I was being encouraged forcefully to execute and still enjoy all forms of the visual arts even to this day.  I wish some of my professors at school had been a little more open minded.
I love lonely trees, this one was on an island in upper New York state.


This appears to me a rather droll self portrait with some sort of comic book character.




This one is quite different.  I remember making the drawing from a photograph of my great grandfather, I think it was him at least, maybe some other family member.  It stands out because its so different than most any other drawings in the sketch book.



No comments:

Post a Comment