Friday, June 6, 2014

Skratch, the comic made from scratch

I tried my hand at developing a daily comic strip many years ago and it is hard work.  I have nothing but admiration for cartoonists, especially those who produce a daily strip.  My idea, and I may go back to it someday, was to develop a comic strip from the ground up, sort of a meta-comic where the characters are well aware of their placement in a comic strip.  Characters, plot lines, even background would  be added or subtracted as needed.  I drew six daily strips and for whatever reason stopped there… maybe ran out of ideas… how do these people produce new work for every day?
Here are the six pages I drew probably back around 1990.  I do like the sparse drawing style I was using, I know I could at least draw the panels in that style if I could come up with the ideas.






No comments:

Post a Comment