Wednesday, June 4, 2014

More that are not comics but are done on paper like most comics are.

I work primarily on paper.  There are many reasons for this. One is that like the feel of a pen, pencil or brush on paper.  When I have worked on canvas its primarily unprimed because I like the rough texture fighting back a little against the brush or pencil.  I almost always use a variety of materials including watercolors, gauche, acrylics, pastels, ink and pencils.  Here are some samples.  By the way, I realize that most art work when shown in a book or online will have the dimensions, the materials listed as well as the date.  I could tell you that info for all of these works  and if you're really interested, send me a note.  I haven't taken the time to add that data to all these works because I'm more interested in sharing the images.  I agree that its interesting to know that one image might be 10 x 12 inches while another is 3 feet by 10 feet but ultimately its the image that I'm interested in.  Whether its on paper, cardboard, canvas or woven mats of grass is also simply a sidelight to me.  If someone would like to take on the task of cataloging all these works they're more than welcome to do that, send me a message.



















No comments:

Post a Comment